Golden Gate Highlands National Park is situated near Clarens and lies on the scenic Highlands Route in the foothills of the Maluti Mountains in the province of Free State, South Africa. Wildlife featured at the park include mongooses, eland, zebra and over 100 bird species. It is more famous for the beauty of it’s landscapes than for its wildlife. It is blessed with the kind of views that only artists can paint. Numerous palaeontology finds have been made in the park, including dinosaur eggs and skeletons.
Drakensberg’s Royal Natal National Park is renowned for its spectacular and fabulous mountain trails, boasting some of the best mountain scenery in Africa. The main feature is the world famous Amphitheatre, a rock wall approximately 5km in length and approximately 500m high. On top of the amphitheatre is the Mont-aux-Sources peak where the Orange river begins its long journey to the Atlantic ocean.
The Sentinel Peak is one of the icons of the northern section of uKhahlamba-Drakensberg. Standing at 3166m, it stands guard at the western end of the famous Amphitheatre, it is also home of the Tugela Falls, the second-highest waterfall in the world.
-Breakfast in the picturesque town of Clarens
– Exploring Cathedral Caves in Golden Gate National Park
– Hotel Check In and Lunch
– Horse Riding in Golden Gate Highlands National Park
– Early morning departure to the Drakensberg
– Breakfast at a Mountain Lodge
– Top Of Tugela Falls hike via the popular chain ladders.
– Return to lodge and dinner
– Breakfast and depart for Royal Natal National Park
– Hike to Tugela Gorge and enjoy swimming in the inviting natural pools along the way and at the Cascades.
– Dinner and relaxation enjoying the Drakensberg mountain views
Total cost: R11500 per person sharing
Price based on two pax. Price will be adjusted should there be more than two people or a group.